Monday, February 2, 2009

"OFF" SEASON STRENGTH TRAINING




Here is a video Tom sent out to myself and some of the Team Big Deal boys last week. He offered $10 to the first one of us who could "whip a couple of those off." I can currently do one on each leg with no weight. Also leaves my quads feeling like they are torn. I enjoy the challenge of attempting new exercises in the gym rather than increasing the weight on ones I have been doing for years. This got me thinking a bit about "off" season strength training. Which then got me thinking about "off" seasons. Since I haven't raced in a couple of years and I don't plan on starting to race again, I guess I really don't have an off season anymore. However, since I recentely reached a lifetime high point for density I have been trying to be more consistent with exercising daily. Now that I don't have to train specifically anymore it is fun to try new challenges like one legged squats. Although if you have a hard workout planned for the next day I wouldn't recommend it! I think the cost of the physio or massage appointment for my sore quads is going to be more than Tom's $10...which I still haven't earned.

Also will the real Geoff Waterman please stand up! Or should we start calling you Stu?

No comments: