Wednesday, February 18, 2009

197


I don't know how Melissa talked me into this one....but this morning I am on my to Oliver to give a couple of high school classes presentations on running a small business. I have no idea what I am going to say, or what I should say. To add to the experience, M claims she has the roughest bunch of characters in one of the classes that she has come up against yet. I am pretty sure today will reinforce my decision not to go into education. Having a father, sister, and wife who are all teachers I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who decide on that career. Hearing the 'horror' stories they have told over the years makes me admire someone who is willing to deal with negative aspects of that job. People who really belong in that career must have some amazing capacity to focus on the positive things they are able to accomplish everyday. No wonder Oprah likes them so much....I wouldn't know that except Geoff told me....back when we were roommates I seem to remember catching him watching the big O a couple times.

1 comment:

Mr. Waterman said...

Um, I have no Idea what you are talking about. Oprah? I've never watched that ever!